How do you promote your Etsy shop? – Yes this question is the one on every sellers lips AND you’ve come to the right place for some answers.4 Essential Ways to market your Etsy Shop and Marketing with Pinterest
The first steps to successfully presenting your Etsy shop to the world is to take a long hard critical look to your shop itself work out how to make your shop more visually appealing to buyers.
Here is the outline of my evolving plan of action for Etsy.
- Becoming part of the Etsy community, network and make connections with other Etsians.
- Read up on the Etsy blog and other resources.
- Use the list below to make an impact online.
- Marketing my Etsy store outside of Etsy (Facebook, Google+, in the real world)
- Tweeking my Etsy store to make it more visiually appealing and improving my listings including photo’s and descriptions. Set a schedule for regularly listing new items.
Helpful article: Do Etsy Favourites Equal Sales?
How to promote your Etsy shop.
- Show something bold and new in store.
- Develop a unique personality for your shop
- Let customers get to know you through your ‘about’ pages
- participate in social media
- purchase advertising on Etsy (or other proven sites online)
- List often
- Best persistent – the then be more persistent
- Get features outside of Etsy.
- Offer samples
- Find blogs (like Jane’s Apple) that cater to your customers and get featured.
- Offer specials, sales, & coupon codes
- Put in the time to keep everything about your online business fresh and evolving.
- Have lots of inventory – at least 40 listings.
- Offline promotion is critical too
- List only items that you love. If it doesn’t look quite right, don’t list it.
- Grow your product line.
- Get pricing just right.
- List great photos
- Offer a giveaway.
- Keep you own blog.
Etsy teams are a social feature of Etsy that facilitates communication between sellers. The most common use for teams is to share new listings with fellow sellers. A huge plus is that shoppers can browse Teams to find shops that interest them.
I think becoming part of the Etsy community, aside from leading to more sales (maybe), is going to make the experience of selling on Etsy far more enjoyable.
If you’ve got any advice, tips, trick or other keys to success with how to market Etsy you can share with me and other readers of Jane’s Apple I would love to hear from you.
[This is part of the My Marketing Challenge Series. Have you seen the other posts yet?]